Well, folks. 36 Degrees North is officially one year old. We celebrated our first anniversary on Wednesday, January 25, and boy did we have a lot to celebrate. The Tulsa Regional Chamber crunched a bunch of numbers and found that, in 2016, 36°N had a $12 million impact on Tulsa's economy.
That absolutely would not have happened without the support of all our partners, specifically the George Kaiser Family Foundation, the Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation, the Tulsa Regional Chamber, Tulsa Tech, Oklahoma State University and the University of Oklahoma.
Here are some other fun facts that we shared at our party:
- In our first year, we had a total of over 300 members in 40 different industries.
- We also welcomed 11,000 visitors to more than 275 events.
- 25,000 cups of coffee were consumed in our first year.
A survey of our members told us that:
- 30% of members hired a new employee in 2016
- 56% of members took on new clients
- 25% of members launched a new product
- 78% of members met someone at 36 Degrees North who helped them with their business
Again, thank you to all the members and partners who made this possible! We can't wait to see with 2017 has in store.
In the meantime, enjoy this photo gallery and a video of some of our members literally stuffing their faces with cake.