**This workshop is designed for intermediate level coders.
Building Voice Experiences with Amazon's Alexa
In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- Introduction to Alexa Skills Kit
- Introduction to basic concepts like intents, utterances, and slots
- How to build your first skill
- How to leverage AWS Lambda
- How to set your skill up for successful certification
- 1:00am - 1:20am: Welcome and Intro to Alexa
- 1:20am - 1:40am: What are Skills and How do they Work?
- 1:40am - 2:20am: Building your first Skill!
- 2:20am - 2:40am: Break-Time
- 2:45am - 3:05pm: Intents, Utterances, and Slots
- 3:10pm - 3:50pm: Build a second skill!
- 3:50pm - 4:10pm: Advanced concepts, persistence, states, SDK
- 4:10pm - 5:00pm: Closing, and networking
What should I do prior to arrival?
- Sign up for an Amazon developer account (free)
- Sign up for an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account (free but credit card required for signup)
- Download and install Node.js (optional, but recommended)
- Browse the Alexa GitHub repository