This pitch series fits any startup idea for anything you want to make, create, or build. We call it Wild Card. Submit your 60-second pitch and you could win the $2,500 prize and advance to the Demo Day competition with a $15,000 grand prize.
At the live pitch, each finalist gets five minutes to present to a panel of judges. Afterwards, each judge will get to ask one question. The winner will receive $2,500 and an automatic bid to compete for $15,000 at the Demo Day Semifinals in November.
UPDATE! These are the five companies that will be presenting in the finals of this pitch competition:
1. Buffalo Wine Co., Oklahoma's first craft canned winery, believes that wine should be awesome, packable, and affordable. Just weeks away, they'll be hitting the shelves with their off-dry White & Rosé, juicy Pear Cider, and – for the first time offered in cans by anyone – Mimosa.
2. Business Live is a way for students to learn concepts through real-world application and engagement. It brings business concepts to life through series of interactive, in-person simulations where students hear real business problems and work through solving them like they would in the real world.
3. The EII STEM Drone Kits are designed for educators, parents, and students who want more than just a toy but a hands on educational learning experience. Curriculum is incorporated which assists students with learning about the physics, components, circuitry, programming, and principals of flight as they build the kit.
4. The Mason Jar Handle is the word's first patented, stainless steel screw-on jar handle that fits on any regular mouth mason jar. It can be customized as a promotional item with company names, colors, and logos.
5. Pete and Penelope is an educational, puppet-based, television series for preschoolers. Unlike the many great educational shows that help kids with their IQ, Pete and Penelope helps kids with their emotional quotient, their EQ.
Submissions Open: September 5
Submissions Close: October 3
Live Pitch: October 17