Responsibilities: The Root Tulsa Content & Marketing Associate will gather information and manage the Root events calendar. Responsibilities will include compiling events from multiple sources and upload them to the Root calendar, helping manage the Root calendar's dynamic event feeds, ensuring that high-quality art and up-to-date information are associated with each listing, developing working relationships with local business owners, artists, non-profits and the like to cultivate a broad base of fresh content for Root, assisting the Root Tulsa Manager with any other responsibilities
The Content & Marketing Associate will also assist with Root's content and social media efforts. Those responsibilities include developing and producing native content for Root's website and social media accounts, editing and maintaining Root's content management system connecting with hoteliers, business owners, event organizers and more, and coordinating a Root Tulsa presence at local events.
Required Education: High School Diploma
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English (written and spoken)
- Familiarity with Tulsa (particularly Tulsa’s Hispanic community)
- Experience working inside content management systems
- High proficiency in Google Applications and Microsoft Office
- Proficiency publishing to social media networks and in digital strategy
- Experience with publishing and editorial technologies including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite/Airtable/MailChimp, etc.
- Photography, videography and design skills preferred
Schedule: Full-time; 40 hours/week, mostly during normal business hours
About Root Tulsa: Root Tulsa is an urban field guide to Tulsa developed by the George Kaiser Family Foundation. The website and smartphone app help residents and visitors find fun events and learn the historical context of Tulsa. Root's users explore four categories of location-based content: Places, Stories, Guides and Events.