What is Junior Achievement?
Financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and work readiness are the pillars of Junior Achievement of Oklahoma's curriculum, which is taught to kids in kindergarten through twelfth grades with the help of volunteers. Junior Achievement of Oklahoma is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that was founded in 1966. We have 2 offices in Oklahoma City and Tulsa.
During the 2014-2015 school year Junior Achievement of Oklahoma:
- Helped teach 53,577 students relevant concepts of work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy.
- Over 9,200 JA BizTown® citizens
- Connected 3,687 business & community volunteers to classrooms
- Awarded 6 scholarships to graduating JA students
- Over 1,100 students competed in the JA Investor Challenge
- Over 1,200 high school students learned work readiness skills through JA Job Shadow and JA Workplace Internships